Dear New Day Community,
We are writing to you-- our customers, colleagues, and friends-- in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic which is altering our classrooms, libraries, workplaces, and lives in unprecedented ways. Our hearts go out to everyone who is dealing one way or another with the effects of the virus.
Many of our customers and our filmmakers are educators scrambling to move classes on-line. New Day is now offering tools that we hope will help ease that transition:
Starting today until June 1, you can stream many New Day films for free on the New Day Streaming platform. Here's how it works.
- Visit the page of the film you're interested in at New Day Films and add a free 14-day streaming license to your shopping cart if that option is available. You can also find a list of available films here.
- Next, create an account and enter all needed Proxy Server and IP information.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete your order. For assistance, please contact our Central Office at orders@NewDay.com or 888.367.9154. Our office is open Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern.
- After the initial 14-day period, simply revisit this process to continue your access.
- To learn more about New Day Streaming, check out this overview as well as a list of FAQs.
We also want to remind you of the great resources that New Day always has available and may be even more useful to you at this time:
Many of our films have study guides and full transcripts free to download on their individual film pages. You might consider using those guides to prompt journal responses or to facilitate small group work.
BOOK A FILMMAKER
Did you know that you can arrange for one of our filmmakers to speak to your virtual classroom? Visit the filmmaker's personal page at New Day Films and click on the "Book a Filmmaker" button next to their name. Our filmmakers are available at a low cost to conduct Q&As over Skype, Zoom, or other platforms that you may be using.
NEW DAY PRODUCTS STILL AVAILABLE
Even while our special 14-Day free streaming is offered for many of our films, all of our regular New Day products can still be accessed and purchased– that includes DVD shipping, all Streaming options including Life of File, and Kanopy Streaming.
RESOURCES FOR YOU AND YOUR COMMUNITY ABOUT COVID-19
We recognize the importance of maintaining your physical and emotional health in combating this novel coronavirus and would like to offer you some links that we have found helpful.
Stay up-to-date with information about COVID-19 here: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
Here's a helpful set of reminders on taking care of our mental health in these times of uncertainty: afsp.org/taking-care-of-your-mental-health-in-the-face-of-uncertainty/
And lastly, an article on the power of meditation during times of crisis: www.tenpercent.com/meditationweeklyblog/meditation-and-coronavirus
A final note: Next year marks the 50th anniversary of New Day Films. As a community, we have been through seismic shifts, each with its own unique set of challenges. This pandemic is one more hurdle that we will support each other though. Please let us know how we can support you. We are in this together!
All the best,
New Day Films and Filmmakers