Appropriate for: College/University
Battle for the Mindsby Steve Lipscomb
A shocking tale of politics, fundamentlism & women
Religion, politics and sociology collide in this award winning, critically acclaimed film. With shocking honesty, Battle for the Minds documents the rise of fundamentalism in America's largest Protestant denomination and the subsequent impact of that rise on women. Fundamentalist assaults on women in leadership roles serve as a microcosm for the alarming outbreak of the intolerant religious right in America today. Study Guide available
An important film, capable of shifting the public consciousness.
BATTLE FOR THE MINDS should be required viewing for anyone with an interest in theology, ethics, citizenship or political culture--it is engrossing and edifying entertainment.
The Austin American-Statesman
A jarring wake-up call for those who think the deliberate oppression of women is a thing of the past.
Dr. Ivy Schweitzer, Chair
Women's Studies Department, Dartmouth College
A must-have title, BATTLE FOR THE MINDS is a remarkable teaching tool, certain to generate meaningful and active classroom debate.
Dr. Wallace Alston
Director of The Center For Theological Inquiry
A fascinating film which should be part of all religious studies, political science, and American studies collections.
AWARDS & SCREENINGS:
- P.O.V. Series, PBS National Broadcast
- CINE Golden Eagle
- Gold Apple, National Educational Film and Video Festival
- Best Feature Film & Director's Choice, Louisville International Film
- Festival Audience Top Ten List, Seattle Film Festival
- Festival Audience Top Ten List, Cleveland Film Festival
- Honorable Mention For Best Documentary, South by Southwest Film Festival