August 28, 2009 stacys
The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers,
co-produced and co-directed by Rick Goldsmith and Judith Ehrlich, will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 11, then have two theatrical runs,Â more festival appearances and other screenings within a month.
â€œIn 1971, Daniel Ellsberg, a high-level Pentagon official and Vietnam War strategist, concludes that the war is based on decades of lies and leaks 7,000 pages of top secret documents to The New York Times, making headlines around the world. A riveting story of how one manâ€™s profound change of heart creates a landmark struggle involving Americaâ€™s newspapers, its president and Supreme Court. A political thriller whose events lead directly to Watergate, Nixonâ€™s resignation and the end of the Vietnam War.â€ - Film Forum, New York City
Here is the line-up of screenings:
- Toronto: World Premiere - Toronto International Film Festival - Friday, Sept. 11, 7:15 pm. Â Additional screenings: Sept 13, 3:15 pm, Sept. 15, 8:45 pm.
- New York City: The Film Forum, 2-week run opening Wednesday, Sept. 16. Â Five shows daily. Â See schedule.
- Los Angeles: Laemmle Monica 4-plex, 9-day run opening Wed., Sept. 23. Â Check website for times.
- Vancouver, BC: Vancouver International Film Festival. Â Festival opens October 1. Â Screenings TBA
- San Francisco Bay Area: Mill Valley Film Festival. Â Festival opens October 8. Â Screenings TBA
- Washington, DC: Special screenings/events TBA, probably late October.
August 19, 2009 stacys
Eating Alaska brings food and discussion of sustainability to community groups, farmerâ€™s market and festivals.
Over the past months groups from Nome to New York have shown EATING ALASKA in conjunction with sustainability fairs and panel discussions including vegans, butchers, journalists, fishers, beekeepers and ranchers, as a fundraiser for local farmersâ€™ markets and greenhouses, and as a challenge, asking viewers to come to screenings with foods they have grew, brew or caught.
In August screenings across Alaska include a salmon smoking class, an end of the day celebration for a new farmerâ€™s market, a premiere at a fair trade store and a local foods potluck at an educational center in the mountains.
Details for these screenings can be found at:
EATING ALASKA will be part of the Eat Real Festival in Oakland, CA, August 28-30 (http://www.eatrealfest.com/) and screens at the Port Townsend Film Festival (http://www.ptfilmfest.com/) September 25 and 26th.
August 10, 2009 stacys
ASK NOT, fresh from its national broadcast premiere earlier this summer on PBSâ€™ Independent Lens, will screen at this monthâ€™s American Sociological Association Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
The film, which explores the experiences of gays and lesbians serving under the â€œdonâ€™t ask, donâ€™t tellâ€ policy in the US military, also just was awarded Best Documentary at the OutTakes Film Festival in New Zealand.
August 10, 2009 stacys
34×25x36 will be broadcast on P.O.V.
August 18th at 10 pm
we’ve set up a blog for responses: http://jessedocs.blogspot.com/